OpenLegacy enables enterprises to rapidly extend and transform legacy systems such as IBM System i, mainframe, and database applications to the web, mobile and cloud. A standards-based open source development platform, OpenLegacy lets developers solve high impact business problems quickly, giving enterprises a new-found agility and opening the door to creative new solutions at a low cost and with a high rate of success.
The OpenLegacy Platform
OpenLegacy is an open source platform that connects your legacy systems to the modern world through standard APIs. You can generate new cloud, web and mobile solutions from your legacy systems, easily and rapidly. OpenLegacy eliminates the need for complicated, expensive integration platforms and brittle, unreliable screen-scraping technologies. When you use OpenLegacy, you position your company for the future.
- Flexible integration methods: OpenLegacy gives you the power to determine the best method to integrate your legacy systems through the user interface (screens), programs and logic (COBOL, RPG, etc), or directly to the data.
- Rapid development and testing: Drastically reduce development time. OpenLegacy analyzes your system to generate API’s and then the web/mobile UI or web service. Verify, enhance and test the metadata using user friendly editors and testing tools.
- Meet & exceed your performance needs: OpenLegacy uses best-of-breed standards for server clustering, workload balancing and disaster recovery in addition to performance enhancing features such as session pooling and smart-path traversing.
- Embrace your legacy investments: Your legacy systems are called ‘mission critical’
for a reason and they contain valuable business processes and knowledge. Extend your system with reusable OpenLegacy APIs and use the logic that runs your business.
- Use the skills you have: OpenLegacy is based on familiar tools you use today for developing web, mobile and cloud apps including Eclipse, Maven, Spring MVC, AngularJS, and Apache CXF.
- Deployment freedom: You can deploy your solution in your current environment without any additional overhead. The OpenLegacy runtime environment can be deployed to any on-premise or cloud environment.