The LzLabs Software Defined Mainframe® (SDM) enables both Linux and Cloud infrastructures to process thousands of mainframe transactions per second, while maintaining enterprise requirements for reliability, availability, serviceability and security. This software solution includes a faithfully recreates the behavior of the primary online, batch and database environments, which enables unrivaled compatibility and exceptional performance, dramatically reducing IT costs.
LzLabs’ software solution allows the executable form of legacy customer mainframe programs to operate without changes and without compromising performance in a contemporary and cost-effective computing environment. Additionally, the solution enables mainframe data to be written and read in its native formats. This new environment works without forcing recompilations of COBOL and PL/I application programs or making complex changes to the enterprise business environment.
LzLabs products include:
– Support for legacy mainframe transactional environments
– Support for legacy mainframe batch jobs
– Support for IBM DB2® relational DBMS systems
– Support for IBM IMS™ DB hierarchical DBMS environments
LzLabs product philosophy is based around 3 principles:
- The power of modern x86 computing paradigms can be leveraged to run enterprise class workloads. This includes cloud infrastructure deployment models.
- The LzLabs Software Defined Mainframe approach ensures the lowest migration cost and risks. You move existing workload, unchanged and “It just runs!”
- The LzSDM® is designed to provide a container environment to run mainframe applications, but in all other ways is designed to leverage the power of Linux and open source environments.
These principles enable clients to rehost mainframe workload to reduce cost, overcome demographic skills concern and move to a more agile, modern Linux environment for continued application modernization efforts.