A leading water utility company in Portugal looked for a way to modernize their aging customer management system to enable a change in their business model to provide the service for other regional water providers.
- Obsolete Oracle Forms and Reports would not scale for Internet usage
- Poor usability and lack of internationalization impacted user adoption and billing
- System complexity resulted in a one year product development cycle
DB Best provided automated tools and support to migrate Oracle Forms and Reports to Azure services.
- Oracle database moved to SQL Server on Azure virtual machines for easier maintenance
- Oracle Reports automatically migrated to SQL Server Reporting Services for flexibility
- Oracle Forms migrated to Azure web roles using RESTfull APIs for a modern look
- Modern application enabled continuous integration to reduce the one year cycle time to a projected three week release cycle providing greater ability to respond to business needs
Learn more about how DB Best can help you in your application modernization efforts at:
DB Best Modernization